Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Creative Signs... or NOT!

Few weeks back I was out for field work to a place I've never been before...Bandar Mahkota Cheras. With the help of my hubby's GPS, I was directed to a cross junction where the beginning of the road I was looking for was suppose to be. While keeping my hands on the steering wheel, I was looking for the road sign to tell me if I should go straight, turn left or turn right.

All 3 directions that I looked, this is what I saw...

Now, tell me. What's the name of the road???

I drove around this whole area and ALL the road signs are of the same design!! Just imagine if one was lost with no one in sight and this is all that was available.

After that day, every where I drove, I looked out for creative signs as such to be shared in this post.

My findings made me ask myself this...Who is suppose to be responsible in maintaining these signs? Is it suppose to be on 'PUT UP & GO' policy?

To me, these signs seems to be a free notice board for "Money Lenders" to express their creativeness. I keep wondering, the phone numbers are right there and why aren't the respective authorities doing anything about it??? Companies pays millions to advertise and these people advertise for FREE??? Try doing the same thing on these road signs with Milo or Colgate advertisements. The next thing you know, the company will be slapped with a HUGE fine for vandalism. So, why?

If they are kept free to express their creativeness, sooner or later, all the paint company is going to go out of business because exterior and interior paints will be replaced with these artwork.

No comments: