Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Name Is Khan

I've just watched the movie - MY NAME IS KHAN. I would recommend everyone, and I really mean EVERYONE to watch it.
No, it's not a James Bond wannabe movie. And NO, it's not just another Sharukh Khan movie and surprisingly it's NOT one of those typical Hindi movie filled with lovey dovey stuff, singing and dancing. I find it very moving and inspiring.

I think that this is a very important film that people need to see. It shows one must not stigmatise a culture just because of the actions of a few. The events of 9/11 were horrific but the racism which followed only added to the hate.


Put your movie preference aside for a moment and just give this movie a chance. Watch it with an open mind. Don't shove it aside because it's a Hindi movie or because you don't like the actor or actress. It's not about who's acting, who's directing and the creativity of this movie. It's the meaning and the learning found within are the ones I found most inspiring.

Watch the whole movie first, THEN tell me what you think about it.

No comments: