Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cheated By The Toll!!!

I know that I have neglected my blog a little but I've been really busy travelling all over Malaysia for work purpose. Tomorrow I'll be travelling to East Malaysia... to be exact, Kota Kinabalu, Miri & Sibu.

I'm currently in my office waiting for an ex-colleague to confirm our lunch appointment. It's already 12.30pm and I'm STILL waiting. I've decided to steal some time to post this is because I got irritated while preparing my monthly claims.

As I was sorting out my toll receipts, I noticed an 80sens LDP toll receipt. I triewas cracking my head to recall which LDP toll that actually costed me 80sens and guess what? There was NONE! I surfed in to the Litrak corporate website to reconfirm the rates thinking that maybe they were having a 50% after midnight rebate. Again, there was NONE! The only 80sens rate I saw were for taxis & buses.

I immediately recalled the time when I passed the Sunway toll towards Puchong the other night, also after midnight. I paid RM1.60 and as I was driving out of the toll booth, my husband noticed that the toll charge screen was showing 80sens. We thought nothing much about it because we thought the screen was not refreshed. No wonder the toll attendant sounded shocked when she thought we asked for a receipt.

Now that I have the receipt in my hand, I finally added 1 and 1 together. The toll attendant was stealing our money from their company! The scenario is this:

We paid RM1.60. They punched in 80sen, a taxi rate. We drove off without noticing the dispute on the screen. Even if we asked for a receipt, majority of us do not check the receipt at the point of receiving it. At the end of their shift, they just submit 80sen to the company and the balance 80sens goes into their pockets.
10 cars = RM8
RM8 x 30 days = RM240
RM240 x 12 months = RM2880
The above is only a "reserved" calculation for 10 cars but do you know how many cars drive through a toll everyday??? You do the math!

I'm feeling irritated and frustrated because we are already burdened by the expensive daily toll charges and then to discover our hard earned money is being stolen by the middle person. Some may think, "Well, we've done our part by paying the published toll rate and they are only cheating their company.", but isn't that money they are stealing our money too???

Maybe it's a scam after all. Maybe they are pooling the money together to create a FAT bonus for their staff / management? Is the government aware about this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

80 Cents Niah.....Not like they take the whole RM2880 from you....Let them be la....Hehehehehe....They will get their punishment....Its only 80 Cents....Hehehehe....Makin lama makin kiam siap la u....

-M-

Ai Ling said...

80sens not money meh? To you who's earning big bucks maybe nevermind lah...