Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Data, data Go Away!

Today's not exactly a fun day at work. I almost snapped today. Maybe it's because my analysis had been  staring at me for the past 3 weeks and it's inducing so much pressure on me.

First of all, creating that analysis was a nightmare mainly because all the information comes in bits and pieces from all over the place. I had to pick them up one by one and place them in a common spreadsheet before I can start to analyse it. There are so many information to gather but so little time and limited resources.

After assembling the big picture, I had to go line by line to analyse details of 47 people. The worst part of it all was that I had to recommend the group of people who are not performing and decides who should leave. My heart almost dropped onto the floor when I'm asked to submit the list. To me, I just think it's not fair to make such recommendation when I've only met them once.

So during a discussion today after the meeting with the "Top Man", my colleague and I came to a disagreement and got ourselves frustrated with the information staring at us from my laptop screen. It's not that we fought or anything, but I think I raised my voice a little out of frustration and my colleague was not happy about it.

That's when I decided to pack my things up and go home (it's already 6.30pm then). I've also decided that I'm not going to look nor think about it till tomorrow. My mind seriously needs a break! I've been having those data on my mind...even when I'm sleeping and it's stressing me out.

As soon as I finish publishing this post, I think I'll retire to bed early (it's 8.26pm now). I hope I'll have a clearer mind tomorrow so that I could see a clearer picture and know what I'm suppose to do.

So, good night everyone...!!!

No comments: