Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm Devastated!!

I went for a hormone test few days ago (due to my irregular menstrual cycle for the past one year) and got my results today. The results I received shocked me and almost killed me. I was not ready to hear what the doctor had to say. When the doctor explained to me my test results and what I have to do next, I was actually sitting there listening to him in a state of shock.

Only when I walked out of the clinic and into my car did I realize what the doctor had said. As my mom was so anxious to know the results, I called her first. When she answered the phone, that's when I broke down and cry.

They actually tested 6 types of hormone. 4 out of 6 was normal and 2 was found exceptionally high. And these 2 are the LH and Estradiol hormone. The high level of LH is the one causing the irregular menstrual cycle. It may also cause Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. That's why the doctor advised me to visit the gynea to have some scanning done. The high level of Estradiol puts me at risk of endometrial cancer, stroke and breast cancer.

These 2 problems  = INFERTILITY. Because of these 2 abnormal hormones, I was told that I would not be able to conceive normally. If I want to conceive, my current options are taking an injection to get my eggs released before "project B" and going for IVF which would caused me not less than RM13k-14k each attempt.

At this point of time, I'm feeling exactly how I felt when my doctor told me that my baby had stop growing and it's heart is no longer beating. I'm going through the same pain all over again. So many questions went through my mind at this point of time...so many what ifs.
...What if I cannot conceive at all??
...What if my husband is disappointed??
...What if I'm having early menopause??
...What if I have cancer??

It's so scary and emotionally painful at the same time. Why me? What have I done to deserve this? Why can't I be normal like everyone else? Why? Now I'm afraid to visit the gynea because I just don't know what to expect. Should I go expecting the worst or should I go and hope for the best?

During times like this, I really wish I have someone other than my husband to share my pain and worries with me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything will be fine sis. Don't worry. Just go check. At least u know what is happening and can find a cure or prevent bad things from happening. Just go check. For all you know, it maybe a small issue.

-MT-

kimw said...

Do not think of too many questions, right now. For all u know its a matter that can be resolve. Let the gynae check it out . May be better than your thoughts. We are with you and support you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through right now. I can't even begin to imagine your pain nor do I have the answers to your questions. Nevertheless, my thoughts are with you and I'll always be there if you need someone to talk to. Most importantly, pray and let God be your comfort. He will see you through this. Love, SL x

Anonymous said...

Hi, Am know the pain cos i've same case like you my 1st baby had stop growing i even not listen to heart beat yet. Try to see gynae see what he/she advise, here is the gynae telephone number 03-76807000 ext 1188Dr Liew Fah Oon Assunta.

moon

Anonymous said...

Cant find the right words to express my feelings for you right now. Rest assured, you are not alone. Stay composed, will be an easy thing to say to you but I dont know what will be right. All I know is that God is able. Able to undertake, able to bring you comfort and peace of mind. Allow Him to reach in where most of us cant get to. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through right now. No worries, please feel free to call me if you need me to share your pain. Don't think too much now, i believe your hubby loves you not just only for this , i got the confidence that he will support you as how you support him all this while. Take care .... From Joanne Tan

Anonymous said...

Find a cure better than suffer later...don't worries..everything will be fine..we are here to pray for you..Connie

Anonymous said...

Always hope for the best. The worst is not knowing and the shock you are getting over. Delaying this will just add to your worries and you'll become paranoid so please get yourself booked in!

You must be pretty brave to put this on your blog, so I'm sure of your courage.

I hope for good news soon.

JM