Monday, February 13, 2017

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Looking at my last post dated 31 December 2014 only did I realize that I have neglected my blog for 2 years now. Going through some of my previous posts reminded me the fun I had blogging and why I started it in the first place. It's no point explaining why because it would only be excuses after excuses. So here I am ready to start fresh, fuelled by the good memories of my previous posts and my current determination to blog again.

I've started my food blog titled Fantastic Food and Where To Find Them at the start of 2017. The title was inspired by the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them. 


I decided to start my own food blog because I felt cheated by the reviews of many blog sites on one particular restaurant which only resulted in bad food and bad experience, thus spoiling my hubby's birthday celebration. Well, for food stuff, I'll leave it to my other blog.

In these 2 years I've been spending a lot of my time with my family and friends... people who REALLY matter in our life.

Some of the main spices of my life
As I grow older, I learn to accept the fact that sometimes things happen and not everything is in our favour. So instead of wasting my energy being upset, I might as well focus on things that makes me happy. It can be as simple as eating your favourite food to going for a bicycle ride. If reading a book while snuggling up in bed could make you happy and takes your mind off some a**hole at work, do that. 

Time passes irregardless you are happy or sad. So why not choose to spend your time being happy than wasting it on being angry, sad and miserable.


Be mindful with the words that we speak as it may be the last words. What if something happens to your child and your last words to her was... "Why did you dye your hair to this colour?! It looks horrible!" or "Only 2 As? That's not good enough"? I'm sure you'll be banging your head on the wall and wishing that you had said "I love you", "I'm blessed to have a daughter/son like you" or just something good along that line. And as for children, would you rather have "I hate you!", "You are so annoying" or just something unpleasant to be the last words to your parents? Why be so trivial over small matters when we ourselves cannot guarantee that we'll wake up to see tomorrow?

What I'm trying to say here is that we only live once and there's no such thing as rewind and redo. So, don't do or say things that you might regret later. After documenting my 100 Days of Happiness, I learnt that there's definitely one thing in everyday that you can be happy or thankful about. It can be as simple as coming home to the sight of your comfortable bed. And when you focus on that and draw energy from that, it will makes everything else seems unimportant.

For now I'll sign of here and I promise that I'll be back soon... definitely not 2 years later.

No comments: