Saturday, February 25, 2017

Office Prank War

It all started with an innocent Facebook photo tag to my fellow colleagues 😇 and this is the infamous photo...


I tagged 8 people (MX, HT, SA, EL, EM, MJ, JK and PT) and posted this photo just before going to sleep a little past midnight and all of them responded to it... two of them actually reacted to it in the middle of the night while I was already in La La Land. Instead of giving Likes 👍 and Hearts ❤ for it, they all united and vowed to get back at me for this Cheese On A Cracker post.

A week after that in December last year, I had to go outstation for work which coincided with the office Christmas party. And while I was slaving myself away in Ipoh, these adorable colleagues of mine (HT, EM, EL, SA and they also recruited SM) came up with a revenge plan during the party.

They had gift exchange during the party and had a lot of leftover gift wrapping papers which they decided to put into creative use. When I came back on the following Monday, they surprised me with a BIG Christmas present...


They gift wrapped my workstation using all the leftover gift wrapping paper!!😱

They even wrapped my chair and my calculator! And the pillow box you see in the photo, it's to make their masterpiece less visible to others. Here's the behind the scene footage...


Then my pay back chance came when HT went to Australia for her week long holiday. EM decided to team up with me to start Project Snow. While most of them were away for the long Christmas and New Year holiday, we brought snow to Bangsar South. However, snow fell only on HT's workstation...


There was even an appearance of Frosty, the snowman! Since there were only two of us, me and EM, we had no manpower for the behind the scene footage. But there was a reaction video...

A post shared by Lim Hoey Teing (@hoey1682) on

After all the giggles, laughter and snow shoveling, we went back to work. Then came lunchtime and we all went out lunch together in my car. I had an appointment to go out to at 4pm, so I packed my stuff and went down to the carpark. And as I was walking towards my car, I was greeted with the sight of this...


At that moment did I realize why they insisted that I drive my car out for lunch... so that they know where I parked my car. And I thought that they were missing from their workstations to attend to some meeting/discussion with the boss but in fact, they were doing this. They even used materials from the earlier prank.

And here's the behind the scene footage...


They even took a team photo 😡... And yes... EM decided to rejoin them for this.
Just look at their happy and accomplished faces!!

So after this, HT and I sat down and evaluated the whole situation. We sensed something was not quite right and soon realized that someone's been sneaky and conveniently played both sides of the field! Here we are "prank"ing our ass off and this little someone was fanning both sides of the flame.

And so they say this was me and HT
We both called a truce planned for our ultimate prank on this Little Miss Sneaky, EM. Soon we found the perfect timing to initiate our master plan... during our week long out of office meeting!

During meetings, we had little teasers like putting rocks into her handbag and laptop bag and also cleaned Lala shells into her handbag. And here she is smiling happily with her rocks...


She thought that was all to our revenge plan and we waited for the grand finale while she was busy presenting her work slides on the last day. We decided to wish her a very Happy Chinese New Year...



During tea break, we made an excuse about packing some stuff back into our cars in order for us to capture her reaction to this...


With this prank, it ended our back-to-back office prank war... for now! What are friends in office for if there are no pranks involved? *wink*

No comments: