Monday, February 1, 2010

Pinky & Peanut

Let me introduce you to Pinky & Peanut...
No, no... they're not mine, but I wish they were, they belong to my friend. They're called Sugar Gliders! My other friend and I went totally bonkers when we first met them.
Some Facts from the Wikipedia
The Sugar Glider is a tree dwelling creature, often living in groups of 10 to 15. They are active by night. The Sugar Glider is named for its preference for sweet foods and its ability to glide through the air, much like a flying squirrel. With plenty of attention (a minimum of 1-2 hours of daily human interaction), it bonds well to human companions. Sugar Gliders are known as "pocket pets" because of their size and natural sociability. Sugar Gliders are also known to be especially intelligent.
They sleep in a very soft and comfortable felt material pouch and a cover was specially sewn for the cage to keep them warm when they're in a air-conditioned room.
 This cage is a temporary home for them while they are still babies. My friend is currently looking for a bigger cage to house both of them as they need more space to move and glide. I just can't wait to see them glide!

No comments: