Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dilemma!!!

I went for an interview in Company A last Thursday. Company A is a Malaysian based company. Company A is in the F&B and amusement industry and their business is very diversified. The job function is to organize events to hype up their various outlets and to plan promotions to generate more sales. I am very interested in the job scope and I find the role very exciting and challenging. Unfortunately, if my application succeeded, their condition was to take me in on 3 months contract to see how I perform. I would be offered a permanent position only if my performance is satisfactory by the end of the 3rd month.

Then on the following day, which was last Friday, I attended another interview session in Company B. Company B is a pharmaceutical company. The job function is to manage promoters throughout Malaysia and to plan for promotions to increase brand awareness and to generate more sales. The job scope is somehow interesting too and is one that I'm confident I could handle.

Then comes Saturday. I received a call in the morning telling me that Company A is extending the job offer to me. I was so excited coz my jobless period has finally come to an end!

MONDAY...

Company A called to ask if I could start on Wednesday coz Company A will be having a Marketing meeting and wants me to sit in. I told them I could but I need to see the package offer first. So Company A told me they'll try to email me the details later that evening.

Later in the afternoon, Company B called me for a second interview with the MD. I told them I have a job offer in hand but they insist on seeing me for the second interview and they may be willing to match or top my current offer. The second interview is scheduled today, Tuesday, at 4pm. Until now I have yet to receive the package details from Company A.

My dilemma is this:
Company A
PROS
- Exciting and fun industry
- Job scope exciting and challenging
- Business is diversified
CONS
- Unsure about chemistry with the boss and colleagues
- Package unknown
- 3 months contract

Company B
PROS
- A very stable industry
- Job scope manageable
- Good chemistry with the potential boss and colleagues
- Permanent position
CONS
- Package unknown

Today (Tuesday), I have to make a decision. If Company B could at least tell me whether they'll hire me by the end of today's interview, everything would be okay and my decision would be simple...let go Company A and accept Company B. The problem will come if Company B cannot give me an answer today... I don't  have time to wait for their answer as I need to report to work at Company A tomorrow. Once I'm in, I cannot back out coz my reputation would be at stake.

How??? There's nothing much I could do now but pray for the best. I really don't want to end up losing both and jobless condition continues.

No comments: