Thursday, March 25, 2010

My First & Last Day...*SIGH*

Last night I set my handphone alarm to ring at 6.00am this morning... SO AMBITIOUS!

My efficient handphone rang at 6.00am this morning but... I pressed the snooze button 4 TIMES, 5 minutes break each time before it rings again. And guess what...I finally woke up at 6.25am. I had to drag myself away from my very seductive bed and into the bathroom to get started.

I started my drive to work at 7.30am and arrived at my new office at 8.20am. The person I should see is not in yet. Then later I was briefed by the HR officer on the company policies, brought me around to introduce me to everybody and finally placed in the Marketing Department.

So long story short, my findings:
- My department colleagues are really friendly but kind of skeptical.
- I sensed a lot of negative vibes from fellow colleagues around me.
- Mindset is quite old school and somehow traditional.
- Lots more but not right to elaborate further here.

All in all, I just felt myself not being able to fit in and it will be very difficult for me to progress further. Some of you may say..."Isn't it a bit too early to conclude? " Well, it's not.

I came home feeling down, discussed it with my hubby, mom and brother and we all agreed to call it quits. We just feel it's no point hanging on to something which I'm not comfortable with and don't see a future with.

Call me fickle minded if you have to but as the saying goes, "you'll never know if you don't try". So, now that I've tried, I know and no point wasting anymore of each other's time. I know my reputation will be further tarnished from my actions but it is MY future that's at stake here. I hate to be a disappointment to others but I really cannot afford to waste anymore time.

Thank God the offer from Company B is still open. I accepted it without much hesitation. 2 hours ago, I sent a withdrawal email to my 1-day old employer. Since I have not signed any agreement, I guess I am free to leave any time. I felt really bad having to send that email but I guess it's the right thing to do.

Once again to my family and friends...will you support me on this?

4 comments:

iWah said...

We always got your back

Ai Ling said...

Thanks, sis. I really appreciate it.

Victor said...

Whatever decision you make, we will support you. Not point working there if you are not comfortable..

Victor.

Unknown said...

don't worry so much after what you've decided..so just continue your path with this new company 'B'..gambate & all the very best ok
~~you will always have 'supporters' no matter what happen~~ :)