Friday, March 26, 2010

TNB to sue WWF over Earth Hour ???

I'm not sure how many people read this through Facebook or any other links:


I hate to disappoint you, but I think this news is FAKE. I didn't want to create a link to this article simply because I don't want to be part of a sick joke.

When this was shared on my Facebook wall, I reading it and I immediately felt angry with TNB. I even wanted to share that article on my Facebook wall so that others could feel the same way too.

Thank goodness I decided to look for the actual source of this article first. I searched high and low through the entire web and I could not find it printed or announced by any official media people. It's stated that this announcement was made at a press conference, by right it SHOULD be printed somewhere.

Before we start blowing up this so called "news" into proportion, we must at least get the actual facts right first. Why spread unnecessary rumours and get ourselves into trouble?

Blogging these days is a very powerful tool especially in the hands of influential bloggers who have thousands of readers from all over the world. I seriously think that ALL allegations made MUST be supported by facts and not just something plucked from the sky. We should think before we make a joke.

If anyone could prove that the above article is VALID, please feel free to highlight it to me. I am open to your opinions.

Addition:
I've visited TNB's corporate website and discovered that they supports Earth Hour. Please visit, TNB Corporate

4 comments:

ade said...

Hi there.

dun worry. its not real. coz this website nose4news is just fictitious. but i respect them for their posts with witty humour (not necessarily ppl will take it well).

:)

iWah said...

Yeah... It's header says it all. "The truth is out there (Not in here.)"

"True lies. Total horsecrap. Absolute fiction."

Just for laughs...

Anonymous said...

it's really sickening how some ppl can play this kind of joke. this got pick up and it's all over the web and some ppl believe it and made Malaysia a laughing stock. Please got to TNB website and read their press article on their support to Earth Hour.

Anonymous said...

Imagine the things ppl would do just to get some attention. Sigh....Trouble makers....

-M-