Saturday, March 13, 2010

Umami House Of Steamboat

This is actually a delayed review of the steamboat restaurant I recently visited with my family. My eldest sister suggested this place to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. I've always seen the large signage on my right everytime I drove by via LDP from PJ towards Sunway. I keep telling myself to try it out one day and this day has finally come.
 
Umami House of Steamboat, Sunway
It's located at the new shoplots of Sunway Mentari, facing the empty ground in front of Leisure Commerce Square. We arrived at 6.30pm on a Saturday and there were ample of parking space. But I can't guarantee that after 7.30pm coz by then the restaurant was almost full.

It's a All-You-Can-Eat steamboat buffet that cost only about RM25/person that day. There are 4 choice of soup to choose from: Herbal, Chicken, Tom Yam, Hot & Spicy. You can have 2 types of soup in one pot and that day we chose Chicken and Tom Yam.

There were A LOT to choose from and everything looked so fresh and inviting. From the look of it, I think it's Pork Free restaurant as I don't see anything with pork. The absence of the VIPB (Very Important Pork Ball) was the most obvious coz a real chinese steamboat will never be complete without it.



They also have a BBQ corner (eg. BBQ crab, BBQ squid, etc), a deep fried food corner (eg. french fries, spicy chicken popcorn, chicken skin, et) and a few ready cook food (eg. fried rice, fried noodles, butter prawn) to further increase my selection.


I was relieved that I don't have to do the BBQ myself coz it's done for me. If I had to BBQ it myself, I'll be smelling like BBQ squid when I leave. I just need to choose what I want and the cook will BBQ it for me in a BBQ room. Once it's done, they'll send it over to your table.
  

I have always considered steamboat a fun group or family activity. By the end of it, my family and I had a great time. Sometimes having great company and lots of fun makes a simple meal a perfect one.

If you're going in a big group, it's recommended to make reservations before hand to avoid disappointments and long queues. For reservations, you can call 03-56222663.

No comments: